With the health and safety of our associates and communities in mind, Knoll manufacturing facilities and distribution centers in North America principally are operational; DatesWeiser and our Italian factories have temporarily suspended operations in compliance with government orders. Our dedicated manufacturing and logistics associates are working safely following social distancing practices in thoroughly cleaned and sanitized workspaces. Our customer service operations continue to be staffed by associates working remotely to ensure that project needs are being delivered.
Ready-to-ship workplace and residential furniture, textiles, leathers, felt and accessories from our constellation of brands, including Muuto, Fully, KnollTextiles, Spinneybeck | FilzFelt and Edelman Leather, continue to be available for purchase; the assortment includes products for a healthy home workplace.
At the same time, our sales and marketing teams are embracing new practices fundamental to nurturing and moving our constellation of brands forward – highlighted by a virtual tour of our flagship Fulton Market Chicago space, communicating who we are, what we stand for and how we create inspiring workspaces and residences. And our product development teams are exploring ways to produce personal protective equipment for the health industry, fighting the pandemic on the front lines.
To schedule a virtual tour of Knoll at Fulton Market, please contact Patti Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 25, 2020
Knoll to Resume East Greenville, PA Operations
Effective March 26, 2020, Knoll will resume manufacturing operations at its East Greenville, PA manufacturing facility under a specific waiver granted under the March 19, 2020 Executive Order mandating the closure of certain business operations in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to address the COVID-19 pandemic. We received this waiver on March 24, 2020 on the primary basis that we play a critical role in the manufacture and supply of goods and services to various life sustaining businesses. With the re-opening of the East Greenville facility, our primary North America manufacturing facilities will all be operational.
We remain committed to the health and safety of our associates and protecting their families and the community. Accordingly, all of our operations are incorporating the appropriate social distancing and other mitigation and protective procedures to protect our associates.
- Customer service teams are working closely with clients, suppliers and distribution partners as production resumes.
- Sales associates and distribution partners, including Knoll workplace dealers, are meeting with clients via video, web and audio conferencing, continuing to bring an innovative mindset to develop plans for workplace and residential projects.
- Customer service operations continue to be staffed by associates working remotely to assure that project needs are addressed.
Ready-to-ship workplace and residential furniture, textiles, leathers, felt and accessories from the Company’s constellation of brands, including Muuto, Fully, KnollTextiles, Spinneybeck | FilzFelt and Edelman Leather, continue to be available for purchase; the assortment includes products for a healthy home workplace.
March 20, 2020
Knoll East Greenville, PA Operations Update
Knoll is temporarily suspending production of certain workplace products at our East Greenville, PA site. This action complies with the March 19 executive order of the Governor of Pennsylvania to shut down non-life sustaining government offices and businesses to halt the spread of COVID-19. Our warehouse and distribution centers, including KnollTextiles, are not impacted by the Governor’s order; increased health and safety measures will be in place at these locations, including temperature checks.
We are working to seek a waiver to the production halt as Knoll East Greenville provides workplace products to the United States government and healthcare organizations.
We are committed to the health and safety of our associates and protecting their families and the community, and look forward to working with government leaders to reopen our East Greenville site as soon as possible.
- Our customer service teams are working closely with our clients on contingency plans as we also work with suppliers and distribution partners to assess the impact of this situation.
- Knoll manufacturing and distribution facilities in Toronto, Canada; Buffalo, NY and Michigan are currently operational with care to keeping employees safe; these facilities are manufacturing open plan office systems, height adjustable tables, conference tables and other ancillary furniture.
- Ready-to-ship workplace and residential furniture, textiles, leathers, felt and accessories from the Company’s constellation of brands, including Muuto, Fully, KnollTextiles, Spinneybeck | FilzFelt and Edelman Leather, are available for purchase; the assortment includes products for a healthy home workplace.
- Our sales associates and distribution partners, including Knoll workplace dealers, are meeting with clients via video, web and audio conferencing, continuing to bring an innovative mindset to develop plans for workplace and residential projects.
- Customer service operations continue to be staffed by associates working remotely from home to ensure that project needs are being assessed.
March 19, 2020
Knoll Toronto Operations Update
On March 18 the United States and Canada announced that its borders will temporarily close to “non-essential traffic” due to the coronavirus pandemic. As announced, this restriction does not impact trade and commerce.
The Knoll Toronto manufacturing site is not affected by this announcement. Both governments recognize the importance of preserving supply chains, including trucking, between both countries. In addition to Toronto, our Michigan and Pennsylvania manufacturing facilities, as well as related logistics support and warehouse operations, are 100 percent operational.
We are committed to keeping our associates as healthy and safe as possible. At the same time, we are focused on operating each of our businesses, including Knoll constellation showrooms and manufacturing and logistics sites, as effectively as possible under these challenging circumstances.
Please don't hesitate to contact your Knoll Sales Representative or Customer Service Representative with questions. As this situation evolves, we will to continue provide best practices and operational updates.
March 13, 2020
Knoll COVID-19 Best Practices and Operational Update
Knoll remains operational across our constellation. We are committed to providing the safest possible environment in our showrooms, manufacturing facilities and workrooms. The health of our associates and clients is our number 1 priority.
Here’s what we are doing to prevent the spread of illness:
Our Senior Leadership Team has been monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization daily to ensure we are kept well informed on prevention measures and prepared for the potential impacts of the virus.
We have instructed our associates to remain home if ill and to practice enhanced sanitary measures at work such as washing hands frequently. We are committed to providing information as it becomes available to our associates.
Implementing Smart Working Options
It is important to our associates, dealers, clients and suppliers that our day-to-day operations remain open. To ensure that we continue to work with everyone’s health and wellness in mind, we have:
- Limited client meetings in our showrooms to no more than 10 individuals.
- Cancelled non-essential travel within North American and terminated international travel outside North America.
- Announced flexible working solutions for our associates, including remote working guidelines.
- Limited non-essential visitors to our manufacturing facilities and workrooms.
Encouraging Social Distancing
Our showrooms are open for business; however, we have cancelled all client-related, industry and community gatherings in these spaces for groups of more than 10. We have also stepped up cleaning protocols throughout our facilities.
You can count on us, our dealer partners and digital channels.