The renovation of Hoover Pavilion included a complete restoration of the building's Art Deco style exterior and an adaptation of the interior to accommodate state-of-the-art medical clinics and offices. The Hoover Pavilion at Stanford University first opened as Palo Alto Hospital in 1931 and was expanded in 1939. It served in this role until 1959, and has been used for other medical uses until the present.
Knoll and dealer Hogue worked with Stanford Hospital & Clinics and architecture and interior design firm TEF to create efficient diagnostic and treatment rooms, progressive patient check-in area, physician offices and waiting areas. Administrative areas, patient check-in areas and physicians’ offices at Hoover Pavilion feature a mix of Reff Profiles™, renowned for its modern aesthetic and distinguishing capabilities in wood, and AutoStrada®, which offers an innovative design for team interactions and physicians' offices. Calibre® storage provides additional storage solutions while Life® chairs, featuring intuitive adjustments offer ergonomic task seating.
The inspiration for the custom Stanford Hospital & Clinics seating upholstery and privacy curtains by KnollTextiles is based on the architecture of the existing Stanford Hospital, designed by Edward Durrell Stone. The pattern, a simple pin wheel design set in a warm color palette, reinforces the Stanford Hospital & Clinics brand identity.