Showroom to Feature Designs by Antenna® Design, David Adjaye, Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby and Marc Krusin
NEW YORK, NY, May 5, 2015 — Today’s workplace is a reflection of an organization’s brand, culture and people, enhanced and supported by ever-changing technology. At NeoCon, the annual contract industry trade show taking place in Chicago from June 15–17, Knoll will demonstrate a range of adaptable furniture solutions that support technology and its dynamic role in connecting people in and across workplaces. The office network crystallizes the relationship between the evolving role of social networks in the workplace and the technology networks and on-demand power and data access that enable them.
The Knoll 2015 NeoCon presentation builds on r/evolution workplace™, the company’s platform that illustrates the freedom and opportunity organizations have to reimagine places of work. Knoll explores four distinct interior planning approaches—Perimeter, Core, Efficient and Adaptive—which each address real estate, technology and individuals' needs differently.
The Knoll showroom will be planned around these four r/evolution workplace approaches, with emphasis on uniting the social, physical and electrical power imperatives upon design. All will incorporate a range of the most popular Knoll products for open plan environments, private offices and Activity Spaces, including the Generation by Knoll® and Remix® families of chairs, Antenna® Workspaces, Dividends Horizon®, k.™ lounge, Reff Profiles™, Antenna® Telescope™ and Tone™ height-adjustable tables, Interpole®, Anchor™ and Template™.
Andrew Cogan, Knoll CEO, commented, “Enhancements to our product line-up continue to support our clients’ pragmatic workplace issues, including ergonomic adjustability, as well as their challenges in supporting today's diverse work styles.”
Knoll product displays will emphasize the company’s expertise in connecting people, technology and place through products that combine planning efficiency and flexibility. The visually-light technology channel Horsepower™, which Knoll will introduce at NeoCon, builds on the company’s pioneering high-performance spine-based products, Service Wall, Fence and Interpole®. As a group, these products manage power and data distribution, accommodate changing workplace needs and offer different scales and planning capabilities for the office network.
“We have a breadth of flexible solutions; our range of products connects people and technology,” Cogan added.
The display also will feature award-winning Knoll designs, including the Best of NeoCon Gold Generation by Knoll® work chair, which sets the standard for comfort and unrestrained movement through material innovation and the Best of NeoCon Gold Remix® work chair, which pairs upholstered comfort with innovative Flex Net Matrix™ technology for active, all-day support.
New Products for NeoCon 2015
New products to be presented at NeoCon 2015 include:
• Horsepower™. Horsepower by Antenna Design is a visually light technology channel, spirited in form and steady on its feet. The independent, cord-set module serves as an on-demand, mobile power source suited to a range of Activity Spaces: optional seat cushions create an impromptu bench in community spaces and video display, whiteboard and open storage options equip flexible, shared work areas. Configured Horsepower modules can also furnish dynamic open plan environments with hardwired, multi-circuit power, cable management, suspended storage, desk supports, modesty panels and privacy screens.
• Pop Up™. Pop Up by Antenna Design empowers users to shape their surroundings. The screens provide instantly adjustable space delineation, privacy and enclosure for primary and shared spaces. Used as an individual desk accessory, Pop Up allows users to create an ad hoc boundary when they desire focus or privacy. The screens can also be mounted to a worksurface, acting as a more flexible alternative to permanent screens. In addition, Pop Up provides adaptable space delineation and enclosure in shared Activity Spaces.
• Pixel™. Pixel by Marc Krusin is a comprehensive collection of flexible, architecturally inspired meeting tables designed so people can think, learn and work with ease. Pixel features the intuitive Pixel Connect system and a patent-pending flip mechanism that makes it simple to attach, separate and nest tables for a virtually limitless range of meeting and training applications. Five base options are available. Pixel is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®.
• Prism™. Prism is David Adjaye’s new addition to his critically acclaimed 2013 Washington Collection and his first foray into lounge furniture for Knoll. The suite, which includes a club chair, an ottoman and a side table, explores twenty-first century sculptural forms that command a presence in any setting. Prism complements Adjaye’s Washington Skeleton™ and Skin™ chairs and Corona™ Table.
• Barber Osgerby Lounge Chair. The Barber Osgerby Lounge Chair, to be previewed at NeoCon, joins Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby’s Lounge Collection, 2014, and Barber Osgerby Tables and Stools, introduced this year. The Lounge Chair embodies refinement, comfort and exceptional craftmanship. A modern piece with a unique silhouette and innovative aluminum structure, it is available in a range of fabric and leather coverings ideal for residential and office settings.
In addition, Knoll will present:
• Enhancements to Dividends Horizon® and Reff Profiles™ product lines for open plan environments and private offices
• Expanded offerings to its Anchor™ storage collection to provide tailored solutions for open plan environments
• Additional elements in the popular k.™ lounge collection that plan in 90-degree configurations
• New designs from KnollTextiles, including a signature debut collection by David Adjaye consisting of wallcovering, drapery and upholstery, as well new designs by Dorothy Cosonas for commercial, healthcare and hospitality applications
• Acoustic FilzFelt® products by Architecture Research Office: wall, ceiling and space-dividing solutions to aid acoustic, aesthetic and privacy by combining standard components covered in 63 colorways of 100% Wool Design Felt
Knoll is recognized internationally for workplace and residential design that inspires, evolves and endures. Our portfolio of furniture, textile, leather and accessories brands, including Knoll, KnollStudio, KnollTextiles, KnollExtra, Spinneybeck, FilzFelt, Edelman Leather, and HOLLY HUNT, reflects our commitment to modern design that meets the diverse requirements of high performance offices and luxury interiors. A recipient of the National Design Award for Corporate and Institutional Achievement from the Smithsonian`s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Knoll is aligned with the U.S. Green Building Council and the Canadian Green Building Council and can help organizations achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design LEED workplace certification. Knoll is the founding sponsor of the World Monuments Fund Modernism at Risk program.
David E. Bright