June 15, 2015
Best of NeoCon award-winning designs from Knoll, including Pixel™, Prism™ and the KnollTextiles Adjaye Collection, were introduced at the 2015 NeoCon World Trade Fair, which opened today at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. Horsepower™ and Pop Up™, new designs that support collaboration, connectivity and choice, also debuted. The Knoll showroom revolves around the theme the office network, building on the company's r/evolution workplace platform. The office network explores the relationship between social networks in the workplace and the spaces and technology that enable them. Knoll's display places special emphasis on uniting the social, physical and electrical power imperatives that influence design.
The 2015 showroom is organized around four distinct interior planning paradigms: Perimeter, Core, Efficient and Adaptive. First introduced at NeoCon 2014, r/evolution workplace is a platform that enables planning and design solutions for diverse needs across real estate, technology and people, with the understanding that there is no single 'office of the future.'
The showroom also focuses on powering the workplace, supporting a network of workers and delivering flexibility to evolve. Solutions to power the workplace include Horsepower, which debuted today, as well as Service Wall and Fence, Knoll's pioneering high-performance spine-based conduits. Solutions to support the network include videoconferencing at various scales and Activity Spaces with screen sharing technologies. Knoll products also demonstrate support for new and emerging technologies like Cisco and AppleTV, and will support emerging ones. Solutions to anticipate future change include Interpole, Fence and Service Wall, as well as the lightweight, mobile Horsepower, which makes it easy to move power with the user.
Knoll displays emphasize the company’s expertise in connecting people, technology and place through a breadth and depth of choice in products that combine planning efficiency and flexibility. Each of the four r/evolution workplace areas incorporates a range of the most popular Knoll products for open plan environments, private offices and Activity Spaces, including the Generation by Knoll® and Remix® families of chairs, Antenna® Workspaces, Dividends Horizon®, k.™ lounge, Reff Profiles™, Antenna® Telescope™ and Tone™ height-adjustable tables, Interpole®, Anchor™ and Template™.
Andrew Cogan, Knoll CEO, commented, “Enhancements to our product line-up continue to support our clients’ pragmatic workplace issues, including ergonomic adjustability, as well as their challenges in supporting today's diverse work styles.”
The display features award-winning Knoll designs, including the Best of NeoCon Gold Generation by Knoll® work chair, which sets the standard for comfort and unrestrained movement through material innovation and the Best of NeoCon Gold Remix® work chair, which pairs upholstered comfort with innovative Flex Net Matrix™ technology for active, all-day support.
New Products at NeoCon 2015
New products that debuted today in Knoll's NeoCon showroom include:
• Horsepower™. Horsepower by Antenna Design is a visually light power conduit, spirited in form and steady on its feet. The independent, cord-set module serves as an on-demand, mobile power source suited to a range of applications and Activity Spaces wherever structure and power delivery are needed. Optional seat cushions create an impromptu bench in community spaces and video display, whiteboard and open storage options equip flexible, shared work areas. Configured Horsepower modules can also furnish dynamic open plan environments with hardwired, multi-circuit power, cable management, suspended storage, sawhorse-style desk supports, modesty panels and privacy screens.
• Pop Up™. Pop Up by Antenna Design empowers users to shape their surroundings. The screens provide instantly adjustable space delineation, privacy and enclosure for primary and shared spaces. Used as an individual desk accessory, Pop Up allows users to create an ad hoc boundary when they desire focus or privacy. The screens can also be mounted to a worksurface, acting as a more flexible alternative to permanent screens. In addition, Pop Up provides adaptable space delineation and enclosure in shared Activity Spaces.
• Pixel™. Pixel by Marc Krusin is a comprehensive collection of flexible, architecturally inspired meeting tables designed so people can think, learn and work with ease. Pixel features the intuitive Pixel Connect system and a patent-pending flip mechanism that makes it simple to attach, separate and nest tables for a virtually limitless range of meeting and training applications. Five base options are available. Pixel is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. LEARN MORE
• Prism™. Prism is David Adjaye’s new addition to his critically acclaimed 2013 Washington Collection™ and his first foray into lounge furniture for Knoll. The suite, which includes a club chair, an ottoman and a side table, explores twenty-first century sculptural forms that command a presence in any setting.
• Barber Osgerby Lounge Chair. The Barber Osgerby Lounge Chair, previewing at NeoCon, joins Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby’s Lounge Collection, 2014, and Barber Osgerby Tables and Stools, introduced this year. The Lounge Chair embodies refinement, comfort and exceptional craftmanship. A modern piece with a unique silhouette and innovative aluminum structure, it is available in a range of fabric and leather coverings ideal for residential and office settings, and in high and low backs.
In addition, Knoll presents:
• Enhancements to Dividends Horizon® and Reff Profiles™ product lines for open plan environments and private offices
• Expanded offerings to its Anchor™ storage collection to provide tailored solutions for open plan environments
• Additional elements in the popular k.™ lounge collection that plan in 90-degree configurations
• New designs from KnollTextiles, including a signature debut collection by David Adjaye consisting of one wallcovering, two draperies and six upholstery fabrics, as well new designs by Dorothy Cosonas for commercial, healthcare and hospitality applications LEARN MORE
• Acoustic FilzFelt® products by Architecture Research Office: wall, ceiling and space-dividing solutions to aid acoustic, aesthetic and privacy by combining standard components covered in 63 colorways of 100% Wool Design Felt
Best of NeoCon Awards
Knoll is the recipient of three 2015 Best of NeoCon awards from Contract Magazine. Honorees include Pixel, Prism and The Adjaye Collection for KnollTextiles. Best of NeoCon honors new products introduced at NeoCon and presented at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago.
Pixel™ won Best of NeoCon Gold in the Table: Training and Work category. Designed by Marc Krusin, the comprehensive collection offers a range of meeting tables with architectural detailing, which can be reconfigured by a single individual. Prism, the Best of NeoCon Editor's Choice recipient for Lounge, is a sculptural and ergonomic collection of swiveling club chair, ottoman and side table designed by David Adjaye. From KnollTextiles, The Adjaye Collection by David Adjaye is the recipient of the Best of NeoCon Gold for Upholstery.
#MetropolisLikes and HiP at NeoCon Awards
Two Knoll products—Prism by David Adjaye and KnollTextiles Impressions Acoustic Tiles—are recipients of the #MetropolisLikes Award from the editors of Metropolis. Overall, 35 products received #MetropolisLikes awards of over 300 products entered.
The Adjaye Collection for KnollTextiles received the HiP at NeoCon Award on Sunday evening. Hip at NeoCon is Interior Design's recognition program that honors commercial industry pioneers and design solution achievements.
Explore #KnollatNeoCon on Social Media
This week, attendees at the year's biggest contract industry trade show are tagging events and products in Knoll's showroom on Instagram and Twitter. Join the NeoCon conversation by using #KnollatNeoCon in addition to the official #NeoCon15. All #KnollatNeoCon images are on display as a live feed on Knoll's #KnollatNeoCon Gallery.